Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friendly Faces In Food

This pie is super happy
This week has been absolutely crazy...Mom and I made a ton of food for an event, but we ended up leaving early because of unfavorable weather conditions--we had a lot of leftovers. We invited some family members over to help us eat the pies and cookies, and then coerced them into taking bags full home. Luckily they obliged.
Who wouldn't love this pie? It makes me smile :)

That was over the weekend. Then, Monday (was that really only yesterday?!) my step-dad Shawn has his hip replaced. He was one of the unfortunate ones who had his hip recalled about a year and a half after it had been replaced the first time. Mind boggling, really--it's not like he's a car where the part can be easily yanked out and replaced. Luckily this surgery was a bit better than last time--he got lower doses of different medicines and is much more alert and feels a ton better. That doesn't really make up for having to have a body part replaced that is buried under skin and muscle--gah. Needless to say, it's been busy around the house.

Ooo! A ghosty! Perfect for the season!
While baking on Friday, Mom and I noticed an interesting trend in our finished products--many of them acquire faces during the baking process. Breads and pies have a tendency to grow faces...so I thought I would share them with you!

This one looks a little grouchy...
This one reminds me of Dr. Seuss--a smirky Grinch maybe?
I love seeing what will pop up in the baked goods! Makes it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment