Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chocolate Blueberry Cupcakes

Oh, you want to take a picture of me? *Smile*
The other day mom and I came up with some completely new and original cake/cupcakes recipes, and I have been itching to try one of them out. Luckily this is the perfect time of year, and this weekend we are celebrating Memorial Day -- and you know what that means: FOOD! I elected to make one of my new creations -- Chocolate Blueberry Cupcakes! I decided on cupcakes instead of a cake because quite frankly, they are easier. I'm still not sure of designs I would do on top of a cake, so before I put something out there I want to have a good idea! And people love cupcakes. This will also allow me time to see how my creations work out before making a whole cake!

Bobbing blueberries.








To add to the overall wonderousness of this cupcake, I also decided to make a blueberry filling (I hope you like blueberries!); a very simple sauce that is so incredibly luxurious that I could have stood over the simmering blueberries for an eternity. The blueberries were kind of ugly at first. They insides are clearish, and when the skins started popping the insides started oozing out. BUT THEN. With the roll of a boil the bluish-clear started to turn into a deep gorgeous purple. And I tell you what. I have never smelled something so fantastic! I have always enjoyed blueberries, but they were never my favorite, love them to death berry. Well, I think I'll be singing a different tune from now on. Mmm!

This picture doesn't even do justice. It was gorgeous.

I made the batter yesterday, a wonderful chocolate recipe I have with a little surprise mixed in for a delectable kick! A kick in a good way that is. Your taste buds will be buzzing with glee! To top it off I made a blueberry buttercream frosting (this also has a little surprise in it, which was mostly meant to add to the color, but it gives the flavor a decadent taste).

Ready for the oven.



I could not have been more pleased with my cupcakes, too! I sang to them while I was mixing (Sade, Esthero, Michael Buble, the goods), and I think they liked it because they baked perfectly! As much as I bake all the time, I have never had cupcakes come out perfectly rounded, and just plain--perfect! There is something to be said about sending love to your food.

Absolutely perfect!







Tomorrow I'll post more pictures of the final product, and what my foodie friends thought of them! Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. Can I have the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy !!! Can I get the recipe please ?

    ReplyDelete