Monday, May 30, 2011

The Finished Product: Chocolate Blueberry Cupcakes With Blueberry Buttercream Frosting

This cupcake stand is perfect!

The cupcakes were a success! Before the Memorial Day party even started mom was handing out cupcakes to everyone who came over early. Chris, our chef and neighbor-friend was the first of our guests to get a taste of blueberry decadence. I knew I could trust his opinion because he is also a foodie -- he makes excellent desserts and the most scrumptious grilled meat (he wants a restaurant, and I think "Smokin' Ass" would be the perfect name for such an establishment! He says pork butt, I say pig ass--potato, patato). Anywho, he loved the cupcakes! He said they were so smooth -- the cake was moist, the frosting creamy. He said it was like ice cream! The blueberry flavor wasn't overpowering either; there was a perfect balance between chocolate and blueberry -- and it wasn't too sweet.



Regular sized cupcakes and their mini counterparts.







I can't count the number of times I heard, "I've never been a fan of blueberries, but this is delicious!"






Joe's reenactment of his first bite--I think he liked it...Ed too. 

Auntie Shelly's eyes rolled up, Ed said this was his first taste of a gourmet dessert that actually tasted gourmet. *smiles from ear to ear* There was a chorus of aaahs and mmmmms and "ohmygod you have to try this." 

I offered Joe another mini cupcake after Ed took his, and he said, "Oh, no, I want a big one." :) That is a good sign of a delectable cupcake!


What a lovely cupcake


 


Even the kids liked them! That's quite the compliment when a younger person enjoys the fruity flavors, and not just the chocolate-y deliciousness.









The purpley color in the frosting perfectly complimented the luscious brown of the cake, and it was all pulled together by chopped chocolate covered blueberries (juice, really) and a perfectly sweet blueberry.

Even if you are not a fan of blueberries, I can assure you that you will like these! MMmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment