Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Love Bread!

We use a lot of bread pans.
I love bread. All kinds of bread. Ever since I was a tiny tot baking bread has been a part of my existence. My mom is always making bread for toast in the morning. When I was in college I started having weekly dinner with Grammy, and as soon as I walked into the downstairs entryway of her apartment I could smell the savory perfume of the dishes she had labored over. A couple of times that included bread. There is nothing better than the smell of the yeasty dough rising, and the turning of squishy dough to soft bread while it's baking.

                                                          
Cinnamon Raisin Bread all rolled up.
My favorite bread to make is the most complicated one I could choose, but it turns out so incredibly good. The time and trouble is so worth the effort. My cinnamon-raisin bread is the best. For sure. I use a ton of cinnamon and other secret spices, which gives the bread an incredible flavor.It's my favorite for breakfast.

Dill Garlic Bread looking rustic and delicious.


I have also been making a new bread. I took a simple wheat bread and added a ton of dill from the garden, and then I sauteed a ton of garlic. Add to simple bread recipe and you have a knockout bread. People say they overdose on it. In the good way. The smell is intoxicating, too.

This is what happens when you bake with love <3



When I'm baking it is my wish to put as much love into my creations as I can. You can tell the difference between something that has been made from a home kitchen, with love, and something that has been made via robots in a factory. The pizazz just isn't there, but it's in my kitchen! And I put all my love into my products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment